Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Home Sweet Home

AHHH!!! Boxes EVERYWHERE!!

Surprisingly, moving doesn't usually stress me out... TOO much! What DOES bother me is the craziness and clutter immediately AFTER the move, but before you figure out where everything is supposed to go. There are piles of boxes and miscellaneous items all over the house and its driving me nuts! Those of you who know me know that I am not even close to a neat freak - but for some reason, I cannot relax after a move until I have everything put away. I spend the entire day walking around the house trying to find places for everything, and after 5 days of this, we are still living in chaos.

Of course, I have the added challenge of being followed around all day by a little shadow that likes to undo all of my tidying. I find myself re-organizing the same things over and over again. The contents of my tupperware cupboard, linen closet and newspaper stack seem to get scattered all over the house, over and over again. Ah well... at least one of us is having fun!

I apologize for not having pictures yet. Give me a few more days - once I get the house in order I'll finally get around to updating the pics and I'll give you my first impressions of our new home.

2 comments:

Vonn** said...

Yay! Glad to hear you're getting settled in. I'm sure Gabi is having a blast with all of the boxes and paper laying around.
Peace be with you "Grasshopper". LOL!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see a photo of the new house. And you know exactly what my apartment looks like here at The Arbors -- heh. Wish you were still here.